Sunday, July 31, 2011

World War


It's like trying not to see
all of the marquees
walking down a narrow street
all the flashing lights are blinding and
skyscrapers are closing in

It's like drowning slowly
water rising till it's feet over your head
your thoughts channelled into the pull of the undertow
same as everybody else
where is the truth that you should know?

It's like chugging the bottle
or giving into the sleep
or taking it through an I.V.
seeping into your pores
comes at you fast
kills you slowly

WHAT IF we shut off all the messages of this world?
What if our minds were truly rewired to think differently?
This is a command - what if I took this seriously?

"Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you]." rom12:2AMP


Stuff seeps in.
Our minds are clouded by the messages SCREAMING every day. It's in front of our eyes our ears, yet we are supposed to reach beyond this tangible life.
What they say is okay, is not okay.
I am preaching to myself.

Sometimes we don't even realize how we have been shaped to think until the truth comes and hits us SMACK in the face.
What a tragedy it is going to be to finish this life only to see how warped our thoughts, therefore our beliefs and actions became! What a tragedy to see what falsities we became!
To see what we missed out on becoming... what we missed out on changing.
WHILE we have THE Truth. The One and Only!
Yes, this world's prince, this darkness, seems oh, so powerful. Oh so cunning, oh, so strong...
Yet, we do not have to be overcome.
But, if we just sit back, defeat is inevitable.
You won't even know what you've become until it's too late.

It's easy to slide on by on, "Everyone else is doing it!" But, watch any movie, even the world knows it takes someone DIFFERENT, someone often MISUNDERSTOOD to CHANGE. the. WORLD!
It's all-too-easy to say "I'm too busy".
Because the world is out there, right here at our fingers, ALL AROUND and regeneration takes EFFORT.
I'm not saying it's easy or fast... But, if I know it's worth much, I have to be willing to give, to go after it, why do I keep making excuses?

This is about WHO I AM.

Why can we preach the truth so well, when our lives don't look like we believe what we explain with such eloquence?

So, what would our lives be like if we decided to look differently. Let go of everything. Become new creations. Not stop seeking. Go after the new, hold onto truth. Turn our eyes away from all the lies, sugar coated...
What if we...
Stopped living for ourselves.
Started serving without thought of gain, status, reputation, or the deservance of others.
Stopped feeding ourselves whatever feels good.
Stopped making excuses.
...Just Surrendered.

Didn't grow tired in "well doing".

I don't want to fall back when it's time to rally.
I don't want to miss making history just because I was tired and dillutioned. It doesn't matter how I feel. It matters how I believed, and what I did with it.
If this is war and I've picked a side, maybe I should wear my uniform, learn my weaponry and get into training... and winning.

1 comment:

Elina said...

I don't believe in God (I'm saying this cause you seem to do so), but I do like your attitude - your passionate, determined will to live! That's beautiful (=