Friday, July 8, 2011

oh the roommates i've had...


I realize there is some risk to posting this on the great world wide web (or is it the: wonderful world wagon...wisdom willing wanderer or maybe...west winter wasp?)
ehem, I digress.
Anywho, living with people is a joy and a challenge, some days are good, other experiences can be hell... (without the fire and worm, thankfully...)
FYI= I am writing this in a very facetious manner - I don't hate anyone, think of this as a comedic sketch. :-) You have been forewarned!

Situation numero uno:
me=17 yrs old
them = 3 very different girls from around the U.S.
lasted 1 month.

2 - snored like freight trains (this is not an exaggeration).
1 - slept 3 feet from me (whilst snoring like a freight train)
1 - stole my friends, threw their clothes on my side and talked incessantly
all 3 complained.

oh, and there was a bag of rotten potatoes under our sink... you don't understand that reeking odor unless you've smelled it. (that part was my fault).

Situation #2:
5 girls
1 - The engaged-to-be-married controlling, pessimist...
(I couldn't even turn the light on when I woke up in the morning if she was sleeping!)
1 - Miss Post-Trib, Laughing, Bookworm
1 - Miss head-over-heals-in-love-emotional-inside-introvert-outside-extrovert-i-never-wash-my-sheets-etc-etc

ah... and there were two others, but I think you get the picture.

Situation #3:
I was in 1 ROOM.
0nly for 5 weeks - Praise Jesus!

1- The facebook-poll taker, in love with the boy who lived above us
(would stand on bed and sing love to the ceiling) again, I say, non of this is made-up!
oh, and she called me a "heifer" ...and I laughed!

1- Miss unadmitted-drama-queen-but-everyone-loves-me-cause-I-am-cool

After that I didn't have a school-roomate situation for a while, until
next- I lived with (#4) a girl, Beijing born and raised, (...and we had the same birthday).

Through all this there is my cousin, who knows me better than anyone beyond my immediate family, pretty much definitely my best friend, we have lived together on and off and I'm pretty sure at this point, we could work through anything and still love each other bonkers-much...
So, at least it's good to know there is hope ;-). Because, at some point, here I'm going to willingly agree to marry a man I love and then will come...living in a house with him... sharing a kitchen, bathroom and bedroom...Well, Praise the Lord that love covers a multitude of sins!
joking, joking ;)

Praise the Lord for his present provision.
I don't know where I'm going to live in a few months,
don't know if I'll have roommates or live alone.
But, God promised to provide, so I will believe.



No comments: