Saturday, June 4, 2011

mankind

Some days I feel like a dreamer
Other days, I feel like an escapist
Some days I feel hope rising and I breathe in it
Other days, I feel less. Hope less

Feel.
Feelings...of little importance, yet of great meaning and strength.

Lonely
Wondering if you're out there
I know, if I actually met you, it might be forgettable
Lonely
But really I just feel like the girl nobody knows, I'm not unhappy. even when I am, it doesn't show
Lonely
Cause I am going with people I'd rather not know, just so I can keep from being alone
Wish I could snap out of this place, wish I could be like them but, I should be beyond chasing insecurities, I should embrace who I am so I can shine, but I'm having trouble focusing on the inside
I want more than ordinary life.
Hidden obscured
I want more than fantasy
I want more than where I am today

I'm here thousands of miles away
I shouldn't even care
I feel like such an ugly fool
Foolish for thinking of a stranger thousands of miles away
Impossible
everything about me feels so upside down
I feel like I changed, I don't like the change. I feel like I'm in another awkward stage. Odd for this age.
I feel the soft bed underneath me turning hard like plastic ridges
Hard but easily broken.
I'm not in love with you, I'm just in love with the idea.

I wonder if we could have enough in common, I know we're on the same team.


I'm tired, but not in the usual way.

Sometimes you have to decide what you are going to preach to yourself.

No comments: