Tuesday, August 30, 2011

waiting on the world to change

You know those seasons in life when you wish you where somewhere else? While you wish to be in another season and it's easy to go day after day just "waiting for your boat to come in"... just thinking about when life will be "different".

I've been there lately. I don't hate where I am right now. But I would love to be somewhere else.

It's easy, as I go about my work and my everyday routine, to wish things were different. Wish I was there... wish I had this...
Just waiting on the world to change.

It's easy to feel like the everydays in these seasons are insignificant and simply something one must go through before they actually "make it".

But, God is a God of purpose and he can definitely see significance in insignificance.
So, instead of wishing away this season my life, the ultimate goal (of bringing my creator glory), is better served by me surrendering to HIS purpose for every day.
It is better served, if I choose to recognize His purposes exist, if I ask for my eyes to be open to those purposes and I live for something bigger than myself even in the mundane.

If He is a God of purpose, He can see purpose in everything and He can make my everyday count.

1 comment:

LivingABonaFideLife said...

love this anna. beautiful words. keep it up.