Sunday, November 15, 2009

We're are........

I recently heard it said: "Jesus wasn't raised up on the cross to give us a career." and it keeps going over and over in my head....

Don't we have better things to do than to argue?
I want so much to stand up and scream, but so many times the hammer seems to slip and fall on the wrong side... so, I sit and say nothing... I hate being misunderstood, so alone.
We're not meant to speak, we're supposed to live.
Jesus isin't a brand or a nametag, His cross is not cool or fashionable. It's radical, it's for every age every time every people group.
We're so twisted, so confused...
and if we really lived for Love, it wouldn't look like this.
Cause we focus on all the wrong things. We're so blind! Father, can you still lead us?!
Don't we have anything better to do than talk idle words out? Oh! they're spewing and falling and tripping our brothers.
I thought soldiers never give up.

It's so hard to be the only one. It's so much easier to swim with the flow.

Oh, to those who'll remain unnamed,
I've heard you say it again and again and that vision is so nice, but that's not what I'm seeing, friend.
Your words paint a beautiful picture, but I don't see those same colors on display.
We've become a place of false advertising, we're not meant to play these games.

I imagine God, does your heart not weep to see your church so crippled, so helpless, when we've got all the Power we need... You must see some good in us yet.
You're the one who loves Justice.
You're the One who reigns in Mercy.
You hate sin BUT love unconditionally.

And, I wanna be like you and I want things to change. And even tho it seems they never will, I never want to stop believing.
I don't wanna hate your bride, Oh God, make us pure for you again.

No comments: