Monday, October 19, 2015

i will boast all the more gladly...

"But he said to me, 
'My grace is sufficient 
for you, 
for my power 
is made perfect 
in weakness.' 
Therefore I will boast 
all the more gladly 
about my weaknesses, 
so that Christ’s power 
may rest on me. 
That is why,
 for Christ’s sake, 
I delight in weaknesses,
 in insults, 
in hardships,
 in persecutions,
 in difficulties.
 For when I am weak,
 then I am strong." 
2 Cor 12:9-10


I am a perfectionist. 
I like to perform well. 
I'm apt to avoid trying something new 
when it seems I won't excel.
I always want to quickly do things "right" the first time, 
even if I'm new or inexperienced. 
Sometimes it's hard to even
genuinely accept a compliment 
on an insecurity because the positivity 
so goes against a negative self-perception. 

No, instead of avoiding these things, let us let down pride and allow Him to shine. 
If we really live and move and breathe in Him (Acts 17:28) 
and all we have is from His hand (1 Chron 29:14) 
so also, let Him shine in the places we are dark, insecure or lacking. 

Therefore, I will boast (not hide)
all the more gladly (no shame) 
about my weaknesses (why?)
so that Christ's power (Ephesians 1:19-20)
may rest on me 
(that I may be an example of the God who takes what little we have 
and makes it great for His glory.)

Yes, Lord Jesus. I say yes. 

No comments: