Thursday, November 10, 2011

tonight

I feel most alone when I'm with you
'cause you shut me out and tear me down
just when I'm trying to break through

O I try to be strong
O I try to be strong
Try to stay true, try to be me.

How is it that I'm still the one with nobody?
Is it really me, or is it really them?

O I try to be strong
O I try to be strong

It's hard not to fall and run after what might love me for just a little while.
Make me feel wanted, held... not alone.

Wondering , "Do you see me for me?"
My outside is crumbling,
my insides aren't working right
How am I then, supposed to be me?

Nothing I do is fixing this
when will You, please start fixing this?

O I try to be strong.
O I try and try and try to be so strong.

Oh the things we do not to be alone.
Oh, when it feels like nobody knows.
Oh, when it feels like no one else feels the same...


Oh! I said! I said! "oh, and if they are all like that, I will STILL HAVE YOU... I will still have You."
I know you're here cause I can see your whispers, even tho I'd like a shout, I'm hanging on.
O I still have you.
But, I feel so alone.
O I try to be so strong...

tears are falling from the right out of all this pain in my sight.

All I thought was You wasn't right,
Thankful for the fallback,
but looking for the next steps in sight.

Oh God, uncloud my eyes and take every self centered ambition from me.
But, please, I just don't want to be misunderstood, alone, ostracized...
O I try to be...

No comments: