Sunday, April 3, 2011

true words ignored

i find it sad that i can post a status or tweet about getting a tattoo or a Black Eyed Peas song, and get many responses or affirmations... but, i can post a quote from the true, living word of God (a.k.a. scripture) and it's as if no one even sees it...
why is that?
is it so commonplace, the Bible, that we don't even pay attention to it?
Or do we think "religion" is too personal for us to affirm or identify with one another?
Or do we just not care?

are we ashamed?

Jesus, don't let me be ashamed of you.
Don't let me do what is popular, or what will gain me the most affirmation from my peers, don't let me neglect carrying Your precious name.
You have committed yourself to me for forever. How can I neglect You?

My heart is sad, how I wish we all would adore Him like he deserves... It would seem to be easier if it wasn't fighting up-stream... however, "...suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us." Romans 5

No comments: