Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Grace... it is amazing...

Amazing grace! (how sweet the sound)
That sav’d a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears reliev’d;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believ’d!

There is something so inspiring, so invigorating about the story portrayed in the movie "Amazing Grace"... I could write a whole ton about everything that William Wilberforce himself accomplished, but for now I'm going to focus on the words of John Newton.

Grace. The whole concept is crazy. It is amazing.

What is the sound of grace? I hear it as the song of the redeemed from all nations, in every tounge singing to the One who gave us grace, which is the: "freely given, unmerited favor and love of God" even as the fithly, broken wretches that we are. It is the story of rescue.
It's what makes us stand in awe that we are so infinitely loved by the pure One. It's the hope of eternity made sure. It's the arms of a loving Father opened wide. It is beauty in a broken world. Light in a fallen world.

Now these words ring out with such power - the power of a fallen soul made whole. The depth of gratitude and love... the one who has been forgiven much loves much...

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace

So, let the words of life,the words of hope, ring true with you tonight...

"Therefore, there is now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." Rom8:1

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Heb4:16



And if you are reading this please feel free to comment...

No comments: